Friday, May 24, 2013

Samsung galaxy S4 Problems:-

1)In call volume level on my side is not loud enough!
I am not at all someone that needs really volume, but on my iPhone 4s I used to be able to hold the phone about 3-4 inches away from my ear and EASILY hear the person I am talking to. EVERY TIME. Having this ability is important for me. I took the volume all the way up on the Samsung, but I cant clearly hear the other side unless the phone is about 1 inch away or pressed against my ear.
I see there is a button during a call that give you the option to select something called "clear sound" or something like that. I tried it but it doesn't boost the volume further at all!
In a crowded New York City street, with a myriad sounds around me, I am sometimes having trouble hearing even with the phone pressed against my ear. Never had an issue like this with the iPhone.

2)No visual voice mail!
I used to be able to see who the voice-mail is from before hearing it, and directly play it or delete it without actually "calling" the voice mail. I never had to enter my password either. I cannot stress enough how important this is for me and how annoying it is to actually call the voice mail and have to press "7" to delete, etc, etc. Is there a free app on the Samsung to do what I want?

3)Very poor camera colors and low light shot quality! (this point is more of a rant, than me asking for help)

Yes, I do have much more megapixels now, and the actual quality during daylight shooting is very apparent. But the colors are usually quite inaccurate, and there's a very relevant dim tone to just about every picture compared to the iPhone. For example, the wall in my room is a bright peach color. Almost borderline a pale "ruby red" grapefruit. The iPhone shows this every time. On the Samsung its always a dim hint of a very pale plain pink. Using "auto-correct" on the computer, Samsung's shots often look much more "real life" but that's not something I want to do every time.

4)No nice, colorful, diverse emoji during texting.

Did I forget to enable something? Because I certainly don't see any setting for this. If I choose Swype keyboard, I get ugly black and white emoji. If I pick Samsungs keyboard, I get plain android green emoji which all look almost identical.

5)Cant find a way to easily and quickly close background running apps.

So far, I see I can do it by going to settings, other, and disabling them one by one from there. Seems like a very lengthy and difficult process. Any way to do this easier WITHOUT downloading any apps such as task killer?


Thanks very much in advance. I am sorry if I sounded like an Apple fanboy with some of my points. I really want to switch to Android and love the Galaxy S4, but so far it looks to me like the galaxy is a much better personal assistant. A much better computer and a toy. But the iPhone is a much better phone and a P&S camera.
Shouldn't be very hard to guess what is more important for me.

Again, I am looking for excuses not to exchange this for an iPhone 5 during my 30 day grace period, but so far aside from the big beautiful screen, myriad options(many of which are not absolutely essential), replaceable battery, extra sensors(which one can easily live without) and the awesome S-Heath app, I see none.
6. Heating Problems
7. WIFI Problem

No comments:

Post a Comment